An effective probiotic supplement should:
- Contain at least 20–30 colony-forming units (CFUs)
- Include at least 15 strains of bacteria
- Exclude ingredients that can be harmful, especially to people with food allergies
- Be enclosed in an enteric capsule that protects live probiotics as they pass through the stomach and make their way to the lower small intestine and large intestine
- Not be on the shelf past its expiration date, and you should be able to use the product daily before that date
Ixcela Biome Support has 30 CFUs, 17 strains, an enteric capsule, and added prebiotic fibers, and it excludes all common allergens. Read How to Choose a Good Probiotic to learn more.